How Motability works
It’s simple and easy to get a Motability car from Keith Motors.
- Contact us to arrange an appointment. You can contact any of our dealerships, details of which can be found on https://www.keithmotors.com/find-us
- Our Motability specialists will discuss all of your needs with you
- Our specialists will help you pick the right car for you. Motability cars are leased on a three-year basis, with all the maintenance costs included.
- Most of our Motability cars are available with nil advance payment - meaning you won’t have any upfront costs
- Our Motability team will keep regular contact with you to help with the maintenance of your vehicle
What is Motability?
The Motability scheme was set up by the Government in 1978 and has so far supplied over 2 million cars and powered wheelchairs to disabled customers.
The scheme is now directed and overseen by Motability, a national charity. They work closely with Motability Operations, who deal with the finance, administration and maintenance of Motability cars.
Contact the Motability team at your local dealership
There are hundreds of adaptations that can be made to your vehicle on the Motability Scheme, ranging from simple driving controls to person hoists to lift a wheelchair user into a standard car.
All adaptations are designed to help make your driving, or travelling, experience as comfortable as possible and depending on which adaptations you choose they can help you drive, stow your wheelchair or scooter, or get in and out of the car.
Once you’ve decided on which adaptation you’d like made to your Ford vehicle our Motability Specialist will place an order for your vehicle. You can rest assured that everything will be taken care of for you by our specialist team and your adaptations will be;
- produced and fitted by Motability accredited manufacturers and installers who will contact your dealer to ensure they are fitted before delivery
- maintained, along with your car, by the Motability Operations Fleet Service team to provide worry-free motoring for the length of your contract
- in most cases your Ford Motability Dealer will be able to order your vehicle and adaptation at the same time, while agreeing with the installer when and where the adaptation is to be fitted.
If you receive the Higher Rate Mobility Component Disability Living Allowance, the Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment, the War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement or the Armed Forces Independence Payment you may be eligible to take advantage of the Motability Scheme. If you are unable to drive or you decide not to, you may nominate two people to drive on your behalf. The parents or carers of children are able to apply on their behalf.
The Keith Motors Motability specialists will be able to provide you with complete impartial advice, to help you make the right decision.
Contract Hire is a 3 year agreement which allows you to rent a new Motability Vehicle. This lease includes tax, insurance, aftersales services and breakdown cover The agreement has a mile cap of 60,000 over the 3 year period. In order to be eligible for Contract Hire you will need a minimum of 12 months’ award length remaining.
For more information about the Motability scheme, visit your nearest Keith Motors Dealership in Christchurch (01425 271 371), Ringwood (01425 472 242) or Verwood (01202 825 222) or contact us below.